Shell and Football Club (FC) Barcelona Foundation work together and use football to teach children the importance of values. The FutbolNet programme is a 12 weeks football training course for children supported by dedicated coaches. Futbolnet infuses values like respect, teamwork and commitment, which are key for the children to develop as happy, healthy and value-adding individuals. This way, football, the world’s most popular sport, can become a gateway for new generations of Saudis to face the challenges in the Kingdom’s imminent future.
The programme aims to:
- Promote a healthy lifestyle
- Promote physical activity
- Create opportunities for kids of diverse ages and abilities to participate in physical activity
- Transmit values and impact children’s behaviour and school performance positively
- Include the community and the environment in the process of educating the participants